20,000 tonnes of material meant for recycling is dumped annually as people place incorrect items in green bins or fail to clean out waste correctly a study has shown.
Remember this post about the smithfield festival….?
Here’s what they said:
In association with the [myplant.ie] rediscovery centre ballymun and waste management, dublin city council, award winning landscape designer peter donegan returns to smithfield aiming to create a small urban garden of sorts filled with nothing but what could have been thrown out and free to take including washing machines, cookers, satellite dishes and basically anything else he can lay his hands on! from landfills and repairs to greens and growing and from throw away useless to a simple bit of that’ll do just fine.
Here’s what happens in one day. In Dublin City Centre. When one has one day to put a show garden together…..
The beauty about this garden is that the plants will be split 3 ways and donated to 2 local community garden groups in smithfield and also in ballymun. Thanks once again to Pat Fitzgerald, all of the other electrical goods will return and again be recycled and the recycled furniture will return to Ballymun to be sold
Recent Blog Posts
- Garden Design, Roadstone Retail Park – Dublin, Ireland
- Talk: The Future of Landscape Design – Futurescape 2021, ExCel London
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Kildare, Ireland
- Presentation: Garden Designer Peter Donegan at Sonairte Ecology Centre and Gardens
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Limerick, Ireland
Like us on Facebook
Co, Dublin A41 P978 Ireland