This was the bio given to my show garden entry before it was built…
Without a main sponsor….. Peter Donegan’s design, titled ‘Pour L’amour de Jeux’ is a garden whose title and theme was chosen on the basis of a Designers desire to build and design ‘dream’ gardens because of a love of the game.
With modern pressures and taken for granted hectic lifestyles this garden is a micro-haven paradise designed and built with pure passion to show that dreamers do exist and that those dreams however illogic can become reality. If life is what you enjoy, then this garden is what you will love, our entry for Bloom 2008
When asked so many times throughout Bloom 2007, why one would design a show garden as was ‘No Rubber – Soul’; it seemed incomprehensible to some, yet to others put simply it was for ‘a love of the game’ the only reason why Peter Donegan and his team built such a garden. It seemed therefore quite an appropriate name for this garden.
A garden that is fully recycled or recyclable the main feature… comprises a 33ft 1957, pink, three story pleasure cruise boat named ‘Mo Chailín Cáitlín’. The garden is surrounded by water, a slightly raised recycled timber and lawn combined marina, and natures finest planting. The finshing touch is a hand sculpted piece by Patrick Campbell.
And so the question still remains… would you sponsor a show garden?
With thanks to:
- – B.D.F Commercials Ltd transportation specialists and boat suppliers
- – Atfar Construction Ltd civil Engineers and fine builders
- – Fingal Farm Home & Garden virtuoso timber craftsmen
- – Patrick Campbell & Gormleys Fine Art sculptor of genius
- – rockworld water features of genius
- – enrich compost and mulch specialists
- – summerhill lawns lawn and grass specialists