A most welcome story in this weeks Fingal Independent in support of my trip to South Africa [click here for more info] included this beautiful picture 😆 of my delightfully tanned legs in it…. how I let myself down sometimes 🙄
Thanks lads really appreciated.
the guide to the event:
- How to get to the Garden Exhibition Centre – click here
- Make a donation online to the Fundraiser- click here
- the line up and times for the w/e
- Any further information – to contact peter – click here
- for those who attend and have blogs/ twitter/ etc please can you tag your stories and videos with the hashtag #NMTTgarden
and what a fantastic weekend its lining up to be…. please if you have a blog/ a twitter/ a FB/ a newspaper/ a radio – can you repost this – it really is so very much appreciated 🙂
If you can’t go – maybe you know someone who can or who could help out on the day… to make an online donation securely – click here
Saturday & Sunday 12th & 13th of September 2009 sees some of Irelands top horticulturalists come together at the Garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade to raise awareness and funds for Peter Donegan to travel to South Arica in what is his third year building community gardens. 28 stunning sample gardens, cream cakes and great coffee, pet arena, garden guest speakers with Q& A sessions and live music and a host of activities for family and children. All for the price of a donation.
Because of your 10 cents, your 10 euro or even your very much appreciated 10 minutes I have managed to go there for the last 2 years. This year, this November I’m going again. The event above is gonna be a jam packed family day out with soooooo much to do and plenty for the gardener, the non gardener or the wannabe gardener…. Take a look at what the garden of hope team managed last year….
here’s a taster of what will be on offer and a little information on the charity….
it’s going to be held in the garden Exhibition Centre in Kilquade which is already an amazing place here’s some of what they have to offer….
not only that…. but the very kind gentlemen of The Riptide Movement – a band that are booked to play support for none other than Fleetwood Mac in the o2 😆 are coming along on the Sunday to play some tunes from their debut album….
I’ll keep you updated here….. btw… you can also stick a big fat cheque in an envelope – donate your time or whatever you got going 😉 and or you can click here and throw in your few cents.
I hope to see you there. Thank you 🙂
I put out a post 9 days ago to see if people would be interested in a garden group…. ?
The response was great – but most replies came in via email. Which is still cool. But like all of you… theres that whole thing called work and more important – I’d also like this to be as much fun for me as for you 😉 It needs to run very simply and very smoothly.
So here’s the deal.
- No more emails. One simply leaves a comment and we can thrash it out if required from there.
- I’ll set up a GARDEN GROUP category [right hand side of your screen]. All notices will appear there
- there’ll be enough notice before the next gig/ meet/ proposal so just pop onto the blog and check the latest news or update on that post
- We’re also on Facebook under GROUP’s as ‘peter donegan landscaping weblog garden group‘
If companies wish to offer free products, visits or venues [any offers acceted] get in touch and I’ll make sure we do a decent interview, review and post on the blog as best as I can. I’m open to offers 🙂
Once again – I want this to be free and fun. Lets keep it simple and have a good a bit of craic…. maybe even a few pints 😉
WATCH THIS SPACE…. 😉
over at twitter the suggestion came up to have some guest writers on the doneganlandscaping weblog. People seemed quiet pleased with the suggestion ;). So we made a few rules. It had to be relevant to horticulture of any nature, type, size or style and it had to be personal… Titled ‘gardens – what I like about….’ This was the green-day for those who generally wouldn’t consider themselves so.
The offers came in unusually very easy and so every Thursday 10 guest writers will write ‘their’ little piece with their photographs of a moment they had with something that photosynthesised. Just remember it your post and your happy thought…. enjoy!
[ps. your deadline is 3 thursdays before your date… don’t forget ;)]
The 10 writers are:
- Thursday 30th October –Ángel Luis González Fernández alias bohoe [www.bohoe.com] – click here for Bohoe’s article
- Thursday 6th November -Debbie Metrustry alias DebbieMet [www.debbiemet.wordpress.com] – click here for Debbie’s article
- Thursday 13th November – Pixie von dust alias Marie Boran [www.thestrangequark.com] – click here for Maries article
- Thursday 20th November – Damien Mulley alias damien mulley [www.mulley.net] – click here for Damiens article
- Thursday 27th November – Adrian Mc Mahon alias aido [www.ballyboughal.net] – click here for Aido’s article
- Thursday 4th December – Rick O’ shea alias dude [www.rickoshea.wordpress.com] – click here for Ricks article
- Thursday 11th December – Phil O’ Kane alias Iced coffee [http://words.iced-coffee.com] – click here for Phils article
- Thursday 18th December – Donna Mair alias Donna M [http://nightmaircreative.wordpress.com] – click here for Donna’s article
- Thursday 8th January 2009 – Jackie Danicki alias Jackie 🙂 [http://jackiedanicki.com] – click here for Jackie’s article
- Thursday 15th January 2009 – irish allotments alias Thomas Cowderoy [http://www.irishallotments.net] – click here for Thomas’s article
That’s the list for this year…. I’ll do another in the new year – but for the moment don’t forget your deadline and happy gardening, garden memories or whatever made you smile at some point whilst surrounded by a little green 🙂
Recent Blog Posts
- Talk: The Future of Landscape Design – Futurescape 2021, ExCel London
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Kildare, Ireland
- Presentation: Garden Designer Peter Donegan at Sonairte Ecology Centre and Gardens
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Limerick, Ireland
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Dublin, Ireland
Like us on Facebook
Co, Dublin A41 P978 Ireland