Peter Donegan returns to The HortWeek (UK’s oldest horticulture publication) podcast with the Senior Reporter Rachel Forsyth. The interview is available in all good podcast stores or via their website.
Futurescape – ExCel London
Title: The Future of Landscape Design
Where: Inspire Theatre
When: Tuesday 16th November – 15.30
Four Designers: The Future of Landscape Design. Four prolific landscape designers will tackle the topical issues affecting their approaches to design and specification. With millionsmore embracing outdoor living and green space, the relevance and importance of landscape design has never been greater.
Hosted by: Peter Donegan with panel; Stefano Marinaz | Tony Woods | Ruth Willmott | Michael John McGarr.
Bookings Now Being Taken for 2019/ 2020
Peter Donegan – A Short History:
I’m due to host and speak at the garden talks stage at Limerick Garden Festival 2018 and it seems appropriate that I post the crux of that talk here so it may be referred to by those who come to see.
These points will be a little more of a guide than an essay but should explain better what you have heard or maybe forgot to jot down as I spoke.
Very much looking forward to this and in the meantime if you have any questions ? You can get me here:
The title of the talk:
Smart Garden Design – Small Spaces
1. The Backdrop.
Whilst my early working days did include teaching horticulture, the last years have seen that skill recalled, with a mild bit of a twist. The talker of gardens that I am, alongside Niall O’Keeffe I host The SodShow, Ireland’s only Garden Radio Show on 103.2 Dublin City Fm. In October 2012 it was awarded Irelands Best Podcast.
From a horticultural talking public perspective, 2012 saw me speaking at everything from music festivals and one-off public gardening demonstrations, to private gardening classes and demonstrations and talks to Gardening and Horticultural societies.
Bookings and inquiries are now being taken for 2013.
Examples of Garden Talks and Gardening Demonstrations:
- Huntstown Community Centre Garden Fair. Gardening Demonstration and Talk.
- Private garden class, talk and demonstration on gardening in small spaces for New Ireland Assurance.
- Garden Talk on the Evolution of 17th Century Landscape Design at The 2012 Spirit of Folk Festival
- I also run The Peter Donegan [sure what else would you name it] Garden Group and I am more than happy to chat garden tours and outings tailor-made to suit you or your group. 2013 sees the beginning of year 4 for the group.
- Talks for Castleknock and District Gardening Society and Clontarf Gardening Society.
- Grow your own garden talks and workshops with Fingal Libraries and Fingal primary schools.
- In a free to the public event, I was one of the acts for Dublin City Council’s Urban Living in Dublin City that took place live in Wolfe Tone Square.
- I organised, put together and spoke at the Oldbridge Country Fair garden Talks.
For Your Event…
- Public demonstrations and talks for events/ public or other, got a random suggestion or query – just give me a call – see below for details.
- If it’s not noted above, just hollar. I make good caffeine and different very often proves most interesting.
- Anything else, just ask…
Contact Peter Donegan
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 087-6594688
- Facebook: facebook.com/DoneganLandscaping
- Twitter: @DoneganGardens