On Saturday 22nd September 2012 I
played spoke at my first festival. The Green Soul Area at The Spirit of Folk Festival 2012 to be exact. And though Peter Donegan and The Crickets does have a certain ring to it, it was not I’m happy to note with a guitar and a back up band that I went there.
I was but of course speaking about gardens.
The Thank You Department:
To the artist liaison’s Giuliana and Diane who made my gigging there so much nicer; To Ruth, a random member of the audience who read so eloquently my back up quotes with absolute perfect timing; To you who came along, sat, listened, laughed and chatted – it was a real genuine honour. Last but by no means least to The Spirit of Folk 2012 Festival team for booking me, the getting [and also keeping] me there and for being so very wonderful.
Thank you all so very very much, with a big red cherry on the top. 🙂
- Speaker: Peter Donegan
- When: 1.45 – 2.45pm, Saturday 22nd September 2012
- Where: Spirit of folk Festival 2012, Dunderry Park, Co. Meath
- Area: The Festival Ecology Area
- Admission: see SpiritOfFolk.com for tickets and prices
What is The Spirit of Folk Festival:
Spirit of Folk is a three-day, family friendly festival running from 21-23 September in the stunning grounds of Dunderry Park, Co Meath. Over the weekend we’ll be rockin’ to some of the finest and freshest acts that folk music has to offer. Spirit of Folk promises to be the most eye-catching, intimate, and bewitching festival of 2012!
Pictured above: Spirit of Folk organisers and lovely folk, Caroline Duke and Natasha Duffy with Peter Donegan at Dunderry House
- Garden Talk Title: Gardening is for Grandmom’s. Grow Your Own is for for hippies.
- Further: an evolutionary look at how we, horticulture and our relationship with the landscape has changed and grown over the years.
Peter Donegan began gardening at the age of 5. When he grew up, he went on to study horticulture for 4 years. In 2001 he set up Donegan Landscaping and has won a host of design and landscaping awards for 17th and 18th century gardens and show gardens at National competition. Peter hosts and presents The Sodshow, Dublin’s only garden radio show and podcast and lives in the wee town of Ballyboughal, North County Dublin with his family, his two dogs and his three hens.
More information on The Spirit of Folk Festival 2012:
- email: info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com
- twitter: @DoneganGardens
- phone: +353(87)6594688
On Thursday May 3rd I did a garden talk and demonstration at the very wonderful Huntstown Community Centre.
I’ve noted previously just how brilliant and amazing everyone is and was in Huntstown C.C. and I’m smiling now at the fact that three of the many [also smiling] lovely folks I met on the night Sharon, Síle and Bernie are pictured with me above and now noted in the annals of my weblog.
Image courtesy Blanchardstown Gazette and you can find more info on Huntstown Commuity Centre by contacting Manager Bernie Kennefick. I highly recommend you do 😉
- Address: Huntstown, Dublin 15
- Web: huntstowncc.org
- email: bernie@Huntstowncc.org
Enquiries for garden talks, garden speaking and/ or gardening demonstrations ?
- email email@example.com
- call 087-6594688
Clontarf District and Gardening Society – Soils and Aspect
- Monday 28th November 2011 @ 8pm
- More details – garden talk Peter Donegan
Balbriggan Educate Together School – Green Gardening Certificate
- Tuesday 29th November 9.45am
- Final session and Presentation of Adventures in Green Gardening Certificates [6 week course] to 5th class with The Lord Mayor of Fingal at Balbriggan Library.
Fingal Libraries – Wintery Gardens
- Baldoyle Library – Friday 25th November 10.30 am
- Garristown Library – Tuesday 6th December 3.30pm
- Swords Library – Wednesday 7th December 3.30pm
- More details – contact Fingal Libraries and/ or just come along – these talks are open to the public, suited to youngers [and adults] and also free, btw 😉
- Gardening Demonstrations and Talks with Peter Donegan
– or – Contact Peter Donegan
Recent Blog Posts
- Talk: The Future of Landscape Design – Futurescape 2021, ExCel London
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Kildare, Ireland
- Presentation: Garden Designer Peter Donegan at Sonairte Ecology Centre and Gardens
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Limerick, Ireland
- Garden Design, Private Residence – Dublin, Ireland
Like us on Facebook
Co, Dublin A41 P978 Ireland