I had reviewed The War Memorial Gardens last May. But today wasn’t about my view of the park.
It was about a group of people, a great group of people I should add, who took some time out of their Sunday, to enjoy a little of the great outdoors. On a slight side note it was also about making garden group[s] a little funky 😉
A note of very special thanks should go to the OPW and in particular Craig, from The War Memorial Gardens who gave a very enthusiastic guide to how the park works, its history, the design… put simply he proved just why The Irish Times ranked it number 5 in Irelands top ten hidden gems.
The weather was a little nippy. But on a positive, it didn’t rain 😉 Considering I work outdoors all week and I used to work in this park [some 16 years ago now albeit….] for me it was a really enjoyable afternoon, made partcularly amazing by people I spent it with. Thank you all. Sincerely.
Funny thing, I never ever thought the laughing point of Anthony and Nialls afternoon would involve a joke about pruning roses 😆 That really made me smile!
So the garden group got off the ground and it’s onwards and upwards… Next garden group outing will be announced the first week in March. Looking forward to it now.
More Pictures of the garden group gig over at Pix.ie
- Blaithín did a brillian post over on culch.ie on The War Memorial Gardens
- Love Anthony’s [post] take on the war memorial gardens
- Jennifer has some amazing pics and a different eye over at her blog
- Niamh has some pictures of the park over on pix.ie – amazing what a different eye picks up.
- Jenny took these photographs of the garden group day out that are simply breath taking. If I was The War Memorial Gardens – i’d buy them all.
- Bohoe snapped these pics of the war memorial park visit on his iPhone [for the record 😉 ]
- Dena has done this really amazing post over on her weblog on the garden groups first adventure