I’ve most probably noted this a bizillion times over but, there are two things that make any garden that little bit extra brilliant:
- A really, really great client – I hate that word – And…..
- An entire disaster of a pre my getting there garden.
The latter if I’m honest, very simply gives the before and after video that extra wow factor and maybe makes me look a little more of a genius at what I do. Whereas the former, really is what makes it all, feel just that extra special and tailored just for you. Something I can only describe as the difference between a house and a home.
What may be worth considering here is:
- that the (pre my getting there) garden rose by approx 27 degrees over a 9 metre distance to the rear
- the soil was really something terrible; better known as a gley soil to the horticulturist; or a level below subsoil. And…
- therefore the drainage and nutrient soil value was virtually non existant.
- the only access was through the house
Those factors however really did not affect in any way what the garden was to become. That, in it’s entirety came down to the Clients (yup) wishes and a meeting of minds for the what the space would become.