With thanks to Siobhan Walshe and the team at Fingal Libraries, the following are Fingal Libraries most popular gardening books. The list was compiled for use in The Sodshow July 15th 2011 for which you will find the audio below. That aside, the selections may just surpeise you slightly.
Most popular adult gardening books:
- The Irish gardener’s handbook, how to grow vegetables, herbs, fruit – Michael Brennock
- How to be a gardener – Alan Titchmarsh
- Joe’s Allotment: Planning and planting a productive plot – Joe Swift
- Grow your own groceries: how to feed your family – Linda Gray
- How to grow your own food, a week by week guide to wild life, friendly food and vegetable gardening – Dirty Nails
Most popular children’s gardening books:
- Grow it, eat it – Dorling Kindersley publication
- Growing Things – Ting Morris – sticky fingers series
- Kids in the garden, growing plants for food and fun – Elizabeth McCorquodale
- Green fingers and muddy boots, a year in the garden for children and families – Ivor Santer
- Grow your own strawberries – Helen Lanz
- Grow your own tomatoes – Helen Lanz
This week, as a by the way and coincidentally, book of the week was Jane Powers book, A place that works with nature.