Over the May Bank Holiday weekend The Battle of the Boyne, Oldbridge House will play host to it’s first Country Fair. Of greater relevance to gardeners or for that matter any [potential] garden enthusiast, is that the Saturday of the fair will see a series of garden related talks take place.
The Country Fair event in its entirety will run over the 3 days of Saturday, Sunday and the Bank Holiday Monday 31st April – 2nd May. For that, you can find details on the Battle of the Boyne website. To all things gardening….
Taking place in the indoor marquee [Saturday 30th April] the garden talks are billed as follows:
- 12.00 – 1.30 : Short Gardening Talks
- 3.00 – 4.00 : Short Gardening Talks
The general idea of the garden talks is as such:
- Each garden topic will be given 15 minutes each.
- There will be no preachers pulpit or stage
- There will be some seating available
- Brian Greene of the Dublin City Fm’s The Sodshow will record the talks
- The speakers names will be listed here closer to the day
- Some speakers may come dressed as gardeners. I doubt that they will.
The talks topics are titled as follows:
- Introduction to the garden talks
- 2.4 Children. A House and a Car The 20 minute per week gardener
- I’ve got a balcony and a window ledge. More than enough room to garden.
- I’ve got a garden. I don’t have an allotment. More than enough room to grow my own.
- It doesn’t matter the age or space as long as you enjoy gardening Gardening shouldnt be an expensive hobby
part 2 will run as such:
- Just because it’s not bought in a shop – some call it rustic. I prefer to say I made it myself. Self made garden features.
- Gardening can be expensive. Not when you have no money. Community gardening without any shoe string
- I’d like to have some honey, but they might sting me. bee keeping for those that never have… but might like to
- Hedge laying. it used to be only for farmers. it’s now got a fancy name thats great for biodiversity
Also: Dublin’s Garden radio Show, The SodShow Team, myself and Brian Greene will be there doing some interviews – come on over and say hello 😀
I’ve been to Brú na Bóinne many times before, most notably to most when The Garden Group visited there. It is a wonderful place. There are many other garden and outdoor related events billed over the course of the weekend that for me personally will make it quite difficult to pick just one day on which to come along.
More information on Oldbridge Country Fair:
- Telephone: +353 (0) 41 980 9950
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre, Oldbridge, Drogheda, Co. Meath.
I have listed the garden talks on Faceebook as an event:
More information on the garden talks you can contact me in the following ways:
anything else…. just leave a comment
View Larger Map