I got an email in from Siobhan Walshe of Fingal Libraries PR Dept letting me know of some great new gardening books that will be coming to the shelves of Fingal’s Libraries quite soon.
Here’s a list of some new and interesting books that will be in the branches in the next couple of weeks:-
- Your wildlife garden month by month – Jackie Bennett
- Your herb garden month by month – Barbara Segall
- Incredible Edibles: 43 fun things to grow in the city – Sonia Day
- The Edible Balcony: Growing fresh produce in the heart of the city – Alex Mitchell
- River Cottage handbook No 9 – Fruit – Mark Diacono (there’s recipes in this book too).
They are all well illustrated and none seem too complicated though No 5 is quite detailed.
Siobhan also notes
I found one new book on camping –
- The art of Camping: the history and practice of sleeping under the stars – Matthew De Abaitua
I have to give Siobhan credit and I simply love the added camping book…. someone is paying attention to my blog 😉 On a serious note, having learnt from my mistakes – I now buy my gardening books like I add to my vinyl collection. Far too much clap trap out there and I like my books to be investments and archivable reference books for the future.
Also the staff of Fingal libraries are very intelligent people and they don’t choose books with any sort of willy nilly approach. Watch this space…. or just watch Fingal Libraries.