Bookings Now Being Taken for 2017/ 2018
Peter Donegan – A Very Short History:
I started growing plants from the age of 5, created my first garden aged 10 and of now have won national awards for the design and build of 17th and 18th Century estates. I have also built and designed show gardens for both display and at national competition. And whether I am creating gardens privately, advising, teaching or talking about a particular horticultural subject, horticulture and gardening has been my entire life and I am at my happiest when I and the great outdoors are together. I started Donegan Landscaping Dublin in 2001, aged 24.
Peter Donegan is a full member of The Garden Media Guild (UK)
On Garden Speaking and Talks:
I have spoken at everything from music festivals and one-off public gardening demonstrations, to private gardening classes and also given talks to Gardening / Horticultural societies and professional associations. I am the host of The Sodshow Garden Podcast, twice awarded Ireland’s Best Podcast and named in the Top 5 Garden Podcasts by Jane Perrone (Gardening Editor, The Guardian). In 2016 I was MC as I hosted The Sodshow Live Show as part of Bloom Fringe to an audience from Dublin Castle and March 2017 will see The Sodshow debut Live from Salt Lake City, USA.
In The Media:
I am a former garden columnist and writer with The Farmers Journal and Self Build Ireland magazine and have also written freelance. I have given gardening demonstrations on national tv and featured on Irish television and as far as Australia with gardens I have made under my own name and as part of televison shows. I have also featured on radio not only for The Sodshow but also on RTE radio, Today FM and LMFM, to name but a few.
- Read more: Peter Donegan Media
Examples of Garden Talks and Gardening Demonstrations:
- The Sodshow Live – Dublin Castle and Powerscourt Townhouse Centre
- Dublin Garden Festival – Garden Expert Speaker – Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin
- Botanic Gardens Dublin – German Landscape Architecture and Design Association
- Clare Garden Festival – Garden Guest Speaker. Biodiversity and Modern Garden Design
Further: Examples of Garden Demonstrations:
- Private garden class, talks and demonstration on gardening in small spaces for New Ireland Assurance.
- Garden Talk on the Evolution of 17th Century Landscape Design at The Spirit of Folk Music Festival
- Grow your own garden talks and workshops with Fingal County Council Libraries and Fingal primary schools.
- In a free to the public event, I was one of the acts for Dublin City Council’s Urban Living in Dublin City that took place live in Wolfe Tone Square.
- Public demonstrations and talks for events/ public or other
- Gardening classes or courses – one off or other.
- Enquiries or suggestions – just give me a call – see below for details.
- I make good caffeine and different very often proves most interesting.
- Anything else, just ask…
Contact Peter Donegan
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0035387-6594688
- Facebook: DoneganLandscaping
- Twitter: @DoneganGardens