The 6th Garden Group outing takes place this weekend coming Sunday August 7th. The hedgerow walk has been done before but, this time the route should be in full fruit.
- Date: This Sunday August 7th 2011
- Where: Ballyboughal, The Slí na Sceacha/ Hedgerow Walk – The Fruiting Trail
- Time: 11.30 am
- Details: meet outside O’Connors Pub – the only pub in the village in Ballyboughal [directions below]
- Numbers: limited to 15 [can be extended if I give enough notice]
- Cost: None. Never is.
If you use an iphone app for your walks runs – this is was runkeeper showed last time.
New To The Garden Group:
Recommended reading of previous outings include
- the garden group guide
- also Irelands Eye
- the war memorial park
- and Skerries Mills
- and The Battle of the Boyne site
As always, if you are thinking of coming along the rules basic principles of logic courtesies as always apply. They are of course very simple.
- If your name is not on the list [left via comment] – you can’t go. No offence. That said…
- If you need to drop out – that’s fine but please do so as soon as is possible rather than simply not turn up at all – you not showing on the day may just stop someone else from going. This isn’t to sound in anyway rude it’s very simply because….
- I don’t get paid nor receive any gratuities for this. It’s my Sunday too
- If numbers are going over put your name down on the waiting list and give me a call. We’ll fix something for you. Because…
- The quota is most likely not decided by me. But then this isn’t the national concert hall.
- Do enjoy yourself
Got a suggestion… thoughts or comments below
- Booking: via comment here only
- Contact me: see below. not a problem
- Dress Code: advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing.
- Duration: 3 hours should see you well – if you are time restricted.
- Weather: the weather…. your guess is as good as mine.
- Lunch: I had suggested bringing a picnic. That’s what I will be doing anyway. But hopefully lunch will be picked en route. From a tree. All things going good it’ll be a flask of coffee and some nice sambos!
- Anything else: leave a comment below or gimme a call. This is the only post you’ll need to keep your eye on and I’ll update it and let you know via the facebook page and twitter.
This is O’Connors Pub in Ballyboughal so you know what it looks like. Directions to get to Ballyboughal are below.
By Sat Nav
pop in these co-ordinates
By Directions – from Dublin Airport
|14.1 km||22 mins|
Co. Fingal, Ireland
|1.||Head south toward Swords Rd||
|3.||At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit||
|4.||Slight left at Dublin Rd
Go through 1 roundabout
|5.||At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the M1 ramp to Belfast/Swords/Balbriggan/Bèal Feirste/Baile Brigin/Sord||
|6.||Merge onto M1||
|7.||Take the exit toward Donabate/Skerries/an Ros/na Sceirí/Rush/R132/Domhnach Bat||
|8.||At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto R127
Go through 2 roundabouts
|9.||Continue on R129||
|10.||Turn left to stay on R129||
|11.||Turn right at Naul Rd||
|12.||Take the 1st right to stay on Naul Rd||
|arrive at destination on right hand side|
click here to view the map and add in your own starting point View Map
- by email info[at]DoneganLandscaping[dot]com
- via this website: click the contact page
- call mobile – o876594688