I was asked to blog my camping not to forget checklist which I have built up and used over the last few years by a first time camper friend of mine. The suggestion was it may prove of benefit to others.
If there’s an addition you feel should be added, simply pop a comment in below. I may have left out the very obvious like the tent and so on…. These are just the ones I need to remind myself of.
- Map & compass
- Sat Nav co-ordinates if you can get them
- Tent pegs – lots of spares
- sleeping bags
- air bed
- pump – check the connections fit
- picnic blanket – waterproof on one side
- towels – old and good
- pillows – each to their own
- frying pan
- washing up liquid
- cloths/ sponge
- bin bags – greensax
- coffee – pre ground beans in air tight jar
- tea bags
- espresso maker [old type]
- kitchen roll [paper]
- can opener
- bottle opener/ corkscrew
- thermos lunch bag
- refridgerated ice bars
- knife/ forks/ spoons
- plates/ cups/ bowls
- cooking implements
- wine glasses – you read correctly
- first aid kit
- car battery booster pack – recharges phones and lights etc
- water bottles – empty lemonade type – for fresh water depending on the campsite their may only be a water source. as versus a shop.
- toilet paper. *my tip: put it in a waterproof bag or container – you’ll thank me some day
- spare socks and spare footwear
Personally, I’d sleep in a plastic bag [and I have] with a survival kit and watch one episode of McGyver before I left. But, this is family camping and very much about the great outdoors and time spent with others whilst there.