Although I did teach horticulture some years ago now, my first public gardening demonstration took place about five years ago in Dublin City Centre at an event was hosted by dublin City Council.
With a little encouragement from yours truly to brighten up their little space, unusual objects were planted up by the attending public with some information on their plant of choice and all some tips on the aftercare of their creation.
Since then I have worked with Fingal Libraries, DTE Events and the OPW to name but a few.
One off talks, a series of informative garden on a specific subject and public demonstrations to varying groups and ages have all taken place. From those younger than and including primary school age to those a little taller, all have genres it seems have been covered.
Gardening For Your Event…
- public demonstrations and talks for events/ public or other can be done. Probably best you phone me on this one or drop by for that mug of coffee.
- got a suggestion or query – just give me a call
- some inquiries have been made recently as to sponsoring products and/ or a course/ class. You’ll probably want to have a mug of coffee or call me first – but I’m open to suggestions.
- Anything else just ask
Recent Examples of Garden Talks and Gardening Demonstartions
- Grow your own garden talks working with Fingal Libraries and Fingal primary schools. 
- In a free to the public event, I was one of the acts for Dublin City Council’s Uban Living in Dublin City  that took place in Wolfe Tone Square.
- Working with Dublin City Council and DTE Events I have also demonstrated at Urban Garden in Smithfield, Dublin City Centre.
- I organised, put together and spoke at the Oldbridge Country Fair garden Talks. 
- Other more advanced group talks such as those for GIY Rathgar/ Terenure.
- The talker of gardens that I am, alongside Brian Greene I host The SodShow, Dublin’s Garden Radio Show on 103.2 Dublin City Fm
Contact Peter Donegan
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- use the contact form
- call 087-6594688 or 01-8078712 – if you don’t get an answer please do leave a message and I will call you back as soon as is possible. I am possibly up a tree and it may be dangerous to take your call at that time.
also you can find Peter Donegan: