I thought this maybe of interest to some….. A new series of City Hall Lunch-Time Lectures will begin on Tuesday 12 April, as follows:
Title: Dublin City’s Historic Parks:
Venue: Council Chamber, City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2
Tuesday 12 April 2011
- Topic: Dublin City’s Historic Parks: Recent history and developments
- Speaker: Gerry Barry, Parks Superintendent, Dublin City Council
Tuesday 19 April 2011
- St. Anne’s: From Guinness Estate to Public Park
- Joan Ussher Sharkey, Local Historian and Genealogist
Tuesday 26 April 2011
- St. Patrick’s Blue to Harold’s Cross Green: The Hidden History of Harold’s Cross Park
- Dr. Raymond Refausse, Librarian and Archivist, Church of Ireland
Admission free: all welcome.
Talks begin at 1.10 and end at 1.50
Many thanks to Mick Hanley of Dublin City Fm.