Are you a local egg supplier in Ballyboughal ? Maybe a parsley grower in Tubbercurry ? Maybe you are are an ethical traveller and looking to eat the most local produce possible ? What if you did and found a cheese producer in Bandon and simply wanted to tell the whole world about them ?
One of the hardest things, even for me living in farmland county nowhere is finding the most locally sourced produce. The fact that it maybe organic or homegrown is [and so it should be] to your preference, but what if you wanted to globally make a difference ?
Someone it seems just has. What if I told you that via technology local could become international….?
Personally, I really enjoyed listening to Mark Spofforth and the story of Lovefresh
Call it what you may – but once again this is the individual doing something for the greater good and promoting what is local rather than what is greater for a promotional body. It is more than that putting the small guy, the local guy live on the map for the entire world to see and that has to be a good thing.
What do you think….?
Contact Mark and his friends at Lovefresh
- Lovefresh on the web
- Via Twitter @lovefreshHQ or Mark @MarkSpoff
- email: email@example.com
- telpehone:  0207 617 7183
I like this bit for producers….
Producers – we connect you with your community!
Lovefre.sh bridges the gap between producer and community by providing producers with some simple, social tools. We will soon be rolling out our Producer specific features;
– ‘Claim’ your location and provide contact details and opening times, which are then viewable in the app. As people travel near you, they will be advised of your location and can contact you with a click.
– ‘Blip’ ‘What’s Fresh’ on a daily basis, to anyone who is local to you.
– ‘Menu’ allows you to maintain a simple 10 item list of what’s good, fresh and in stock.
– ‘Profile’ lets producers curate their favourite photo’s, audio and comments about their business. From within the app. A superbly easy way for you to establish a web presence, with a few clicks.
We want to encourage you to interact with your community. Our goal is to make that very easy for you to do.
We hope you’ll get in touch with us so we can get you involved in Lovefre.sh and help your business thrive. Contact us here, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set you up as a Producer Beta Tester – which will give you early access to all features, as we roll them out.
Give us a call if you’d like to chat more.