A Visit to The Dot Conf website is well worth a visit.
Before I go any further…. not surprising, the dot conf conference has been a sell out for some weeks now and its waiting list only. I think its 300 people attending. [?]
This is the dot conf’s promo video
From the article I was intending to publish, these stats are quite interesting,
New Media Update Podcasting News – wrote an article called Podcast Fans Are The Ultimate Audience For Advertisers – I took the main bullet points out of it just to give you an idea of the reach[?] that podcasting actually has.
- Podcast fans are significantly more affluent than general population.
- Podcast fans are rapidly turning away from traditional media and “interruption” advertising models.
- 37% of video podcast users and 31% of audio podcast users say they *enjoy* advertising in podcasts. By comparison, only 6% say same of TV and radio.
- Podcasts confer on their advertisers and sponsors a “halo effect; podcast fans give props to the advertiser for sponsoring a show they like.
- Over 70% of active podcast listeners are receptive to sponsorship messages in podcasts.
*Thanks to Roseanne Smith for this link
- One in five active podcast consumers are actively interested in host-read sponsorship messages. Survey respondents believe that podcast hosts/creators are actual users of the goods and services of their sponsors.
- Nearly 4/5 of the survey interviewees listen to podcasts every week, but are not as reachable by other “regular” mass media.
- Podcast fans say it is not just important to be able to “time-shift” their podcast and other media consumption; nearly equally important is the ability to get unique shows [not available outside of podcast medium].
- 90% of those surveyed prefer advertising supported shows vs. ad-free paid subscriptions.
- 3/4 of the respondents use iTunes to find and subscribe and 66% have been listening/watching podcasts for 2 years or more
And finally here’s Bernie’s scratch and sniff boo 😉