Garden courses and classes started taking place in March 2010 after I was asked if I would run one. Primarily, it was very much a case of as demand came in and so on they continued. The immediate demand seems to be of the grow your own subject, but other types are covered too.
Some have decided to get the interest of a group of 6 – 8 people [plus] together and then ask me to run a class on a specific date in a specific place and that has worked very well. Other than that, I don’t really have a set date or timeline upon when they happen it is more a case of if I get about 4 plus names in I will put a post up on the weblog and fill the group up to run one.
If you are interested and would like to join in the next garden class/ course there are a few ways to do so.
- they can be done at your home or place of work for your group of friends/ colleagues and be specifically tailored to suit
- you can email/ call me and be placed on the list. When I have 7/8 names I will announce a date via the blog
- contact me via email me info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com or call me on mobile 087-6594688 or simply keep your eye on the weblog
- drop by and have a coffee and a chat. You are always welcome. And I only use fresh ground beans
- I do travel outside of Dublin & Ireland. I always did.
The course structure:
- Times are usually run 9.30am to 3/ 3.30pm and can include lunch and morning/ aternoon tea
- All materials can be supplied and can be brought home by those attending. The only thing you may wish to bring is a notebook and pen…. and yourself.
- Costs per person start at €60 for a half day class
Of Note To You May Be
- Susan Daly reviewed my grow your own class for The Irish Independent.
- I personally like this blog review by Louise on my grow your own classes.
- Recent grow your own garden talks have included working with Fingal Libraries and Fingal primary schools and other more advanced group talks such as GIY Rathgar/ Terenure.
- I organised, put together and spoke at the Oldbridge Country Fair garden Talks
- I also host Dublin’s Garden Radio Show on 103.2 Dublin City Fm alongside Brian Greene
- by email info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com
- via this website: click the contact page
- call mobile – o876594688