For those who don’t know the GLDA is the [Irish] garden landscape designers association.
Anyhow, this morning I got a lovely email from Sheena Vernon of the GLDA. [Hi Sheena sorry if I haven’t been in touch in a while 😉 ] Here’s what she had to say
No sign of you at Bloom this year. Someone described you the other day as ‘the ultimate networker’! Quite a complement. I won’t be at Kilquade this weekend sadly as I will be away. As the ultimate networker, are you a Friend of the GLDA? If not, why not, we need people like you. Please would you give the idea a few minutes of your time?
This little video of Sheena’s daughter and her friend singing was live streamed in Sheena & Marco’s garden on the closing evening of Bloom 2008. The highlight of my weekend 🙂
Back to it…. I used to be ‘a friend’ of the GLDA. But for no apparent reason I stopped. I think I had too much going on in my gardeners mind most likely….. who knows ?!
If you aren’t a friend of the nice lads based on Dublins Southside, I strongly recommend it. They are a great group of people whose events are extremely well run. Their annual seminar really is a who’s who of the international design circuit and so well worth the treat. [Been a little while since I attended that too… that brain of mine really has been too over-active 🙂 ]
So what do you get for your €35
- The GLDA journal, Compass, every quarter, one of the few magazines in Ireland to focus on garden design. As a Friend of the GLDA you can also have your work featured or contribute pieces
- Reduced rates for all GLDA activities such as the annual seminar, workshops and garden visits.
- You stay in touch with events by related organisations like ALCI, the RHSI and Bord Bia through our newsletters.
- You have the opportunity, if you wish, to become a professional member of the GLDA; we hold workshops to help you prepare a portfolio for assessment.
- You become part of a community of like-minded people through helping the GLDA at events like Bloom, Expo, and our talks and seminars.
To get in touch, contact Administrator Annette McCoy
GLDA PO Box 10954,
Telephone 353 1 2940092 Fax 353 1 2948084