https://doneganlandscaping.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Peter-Donegan-Garden-Design-1030x213.png 0 0 Peter Donegan https://doneganlandscaping.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Peter-Donegan-Garden-Design-1030x213.png Peter Donegan2009-05-27 19:35:002012-06-07 16:25:30how to bloom in the park 2009
Show times and dates:
- thursday 28th May 11am – 6pm
- friday 29th May 10am – 6pm
- saturday 30th May 10am – 6pm
- sunday 31st May 10am – 6pm
- monday 1st June 10am – 6pm
Recommended to do and see:
- 27 show gardens
- don’t forget the engaging spaces gardens
- recreation of US First Lady Michelle Obama’s Whitehouse Kitchen Garden
- free childrens craft workshops with The Craft Council of Ireland
- Ladys Day – Saturday 30th May
- sit on the lawn and enjoy the live entertainment
- go see the floral pavillion
- a must is the conservation area at the back of the coffee shop
- loved the food market last year
- the playground is genius
How to get there:
- BY CAR: google maps directions and sat nav co ordinates – click here
- don’t bring the car unless you need to!!
- CYCLE: via National bike week & bloom ’09 -hire a bike! book early
- or bring your own bike
- GUIDE DOGS: are welcome – other than that no!
- TRAIN: a courtesy bus runs from & to Hueston station all day
- see here for further details
Do and Don’t:
- have a chat with the show garden people
- don’t bring the dog
- bring an umberella and wellingtons and sun cream
- bring Grandma & the kids
- bring a camera – don’t be afraid to take snaps
- buy a programme and use the map!!
- get there [very] early traffic last year was mental
- use public transport if possible
- say thank you if you had a great time!!
- if you’re going – let me know – we can have coffee
- let me know what you thought!
Good People for you to meet:
- In the food area – I looking forward to meeting Jane Russell of Jane Russell’s Original Handmade Irish Sausages – I had a great chat with her last week – a brilliant lady with sausages I’m simply dying to taste. Go say hi and have a little taste 😆 [she is also on twitter @janerussells ]
- In the garden tent – Pat Fitzgerald is there. The brains behind the MyPlant range if you ever wanted to meet somone who breeds their own plants…. how do you invent a new plant….? Go ask Pat. He also helped out on this little matter with a few hundred plants and then with The Niall Mellon Garden when he was passing by…. lovely guy 😉 [Pat is on twitter as @patfitzgerald ]
- In the engaging spaces…. is the Niall Mellon garden… brilliant stuff. Genius people. Make you think… head on over and say hello.
- ****Remember Rebecca… you did a great job helping her 🙂 The plants from the garden are being sold off on the Monday and [cue drum roll] any money received will be donated to my trip to South Africa with… The Niall Mellon Township