What Can You Do For 3 €uro…?

When I first got this email in I kind of thought a fliipin’ hedgelayers association ?!! But. This is a brilliant €3 THREE EURO spend. Before I go any further if anyone says how much is it for children or OAP’s… it’s €3… [re-read press release ooops €3 for adults it says]

• when: Saturday 7th February 2009 [2 weeks away]
  • where:sonairte ecology centre, laytown, co.meath
  • time: 10.30am – 4pm demonstrations run all day
  • cost: 3 €uro – open to the public

what do you get for your 3 €uros

• see demonstrations in the craft of hedge-laying
  • see ENFO’s wildlife exhibition on hedgerows
  • the team will showcase traditional techniques that promote the sustainable management of hedgerows – it really cool
  • and my favourite it also cover entry into Sonairte Ecology Centre – you should go!

If you know nothing about hedge laying – check out the website. Wrap up the Brady bunch with the winter woolies and enjoy your day… oh and the coffee shop is amazing 😉

1. Barry James
    Barry James says:

Thanks Peter. They’re only about 1 mile from where I live yet I’d never have known (they should advertise more!). I’ve been there a few times and it is amazing. They don’t get enough credit for the work they do.

€3 is a small price to pay and I’d nearly suggest that they should charge more. Coincidentally, I was planning on buying 100 bare rooted privets this week but I’ll hold off until after this.

Thanks for posting this

2. Neil Foulkes
    Neil Foulkes says:

We’ll be able to advise people on planting new native hedgerows. Remember that just because a plant is of a native species it doessn’t mean that it originated in Ireland. The vast majority of whitethorn (hawthorn) plants available from nurseries and garden centres are grown from seed collected in other parts of Europe. These plants are different than those of Irish origin.

Neil Foulkes, Secretary, HLAI

@barry you are more than welcome

@neil well done for steppng up to the plate and introducing yourself 🙂 [cue applause]
    I’m looking forward to attending the event and of course meeting you. I might just review it after 🙂

slán go foill

4. Mary
    Mary says:

Thanks for posting this, will certainly see you there. Sonairte is just round the corner from us here in Drogheda. Will be a fun afternoon out in the fresh air for all of us. Agreed, coffee shop is out of this world.

5. margaretroper
    margaretroper says:

How do you join the tours you run as I would love to join them. I read about it in the Mail on Sunday and think its a great idea.

Hi Margaret,

just keep your eye on the garden group category [see category on the right hand side of the blog – and the click garden group that’s all there is to it. The next one is probably due to be announced the first
    week in june.