For any garden enthusiast you might know here are my suggestions that ARE 1000% better than socks and a CD. If you prefer cooked turkey and a kiss under the mistletoe over a good scrap with the mother in law and some frozen sprouts..? Here’s my thinking cap – put it on this year for God’s sake… and your sake and my sake?!!
- The water Butt the cheapest gift of them all – €40 yo-yo’s up front in bin tags and claim it back on your tax
- bar-b-ques they’re probably still ‘on sale’ and like the water butts a great one for the DIY-er as s/he must make it themselves.
- Right tree for the right place – don’t just get it delivered – get it planted – as Debbie Harry would say ‘call me’.
- a little more expensive – the gardeners dream – the camera that ‘will’ last
- my books – my reviews – you can’t go wrong with the right book
- the logmaker – I’m 32 [not that flippin’ old] my Dad & Grandad had one and now I have one – this one comes delivered brilliant and it might make him a bit teary eyed as well [Jees – don’t throw it at him]
- book the garden in for an overhaul, a consultation, a reconstruction or a good once over – something to suit every budget – contact The Donegan Landscape Design office and get a gift voucher 😉
- buy the folks an american style postbox they are so very cool -hurry up – i had to get mine online
- Botanical Beauties in Trinity College Library [in the long room]- free and only until 23rd December 2008 – the finest collection of ancient botanical books -don’t miss it. Then go for tea in Bewelys on Grafton Street. Grandad will love you. If you buy me a cream cake i’ll go [again] too 🙂