electric week-ends with friends

It had been organised to tweet meet-up at the pink boat at the stradbally festival. And it happened. Myself, MaryroseDavid, Frankiep, Ciara, Debbie and some extra added friends joined to kick off the celebrations.

The boat joining the picnic really started online via Rick and it was very appropriate that its new berth was celebrated by some of those who [online] had been involved along the way.

Of course it has a home for life now and to all [you know who you are] I thank you – from my heart.

This is a gardening weblog of course. And the deal has always been if its greenie or related to my business  it goes in. So I wont do a review of The amazing Stunning or The Sex Pistols. But, to say I was proud, was an understatement. I was also so very honoured that this could be shared with others in my life. To those who I met at The Picnic, who sang, laughed and shared time with – thank you all. It was an honour.

Now all thats left to do I suppose is walk away….

1. marie
    marie says:

Looks like everyone had fun. Sorry I didn’t make it. A combination of raspberry vodka, no sleep and the horror of the toilets etc on the camping site left me in no state to make the 12:00 meet up time! 🙁 Highlight of the weekend – at front at Sigur Ros, George Clinton singing Give up the Funk and Beth from Gossip singing Standing in the Way of Control and the beanbags at the Blueroom.

2. David
    David says:

Pure brilliance.

The boat. The weekend. And especially the pics.

Hope had a good one – well done on putting the Casino Royale storu behind you. Great way to end it!

3. Ciara Crossan
    Ciara Crossan says:

What a legend. Loved meeting up with you at the picnic….had so much fun!! Non stop laughing and a whole lotta dancing!
    Well done on the pink boat too….it looked amazing.

@marie
    so sorry to hear…. and say no more?! highlight of the w/e for me had to be unusually hayseed dixie! the stunning/ sex pistols and the gossip

@david
    pure brilliance just about sums it all up. Outside of the music I thought the poetry reading, meeting the lads from the clash and the stunning was fantastic…. and of course meeting you all

@ciara
    it was great fun. a lot of laughs and it was very funny to be told to ‘get off the boat – is it yours?!!’ my dancing leaves a lot to be desired – say no more there too… my pleasure!

thank you all means so much!

@frankiep
    the great outdoors can be so child-like at times! you might let me know if you are doing a post on the picnic.

still it was great to actually meet everyone!
    slan go minic
    ps woop! woop!??

6. Debbie
    Debbie says:

Hiya Peter, and well done.

Fabulous story and fabulous boat. And it was great to meet you all too.

Highlights for me, Grinderman/NickCaveNickCaveNickCave. And yes Beth Ditto too – front row yelling Standing in the Way of Control.

Mega. 🙂

A Chara Debbie,

as I have said

‘To those who I met at The Picnic, who sang, laughed and shared time with – thank you all. It was an honour’

….thank you!

[ps missed nick cave, nick cave & nck cave – but Beth was genius and the stunning – of course!]

1. […] had one here – then we had another one here – now there’s one proposed tomorrow. Of course the question is […]