There are many gardens I have created and designed over the last, more than 10 years now. These are just some of the images that may help in giving you an idea of just what kind of possibilities exist with your great outdoors.
- cutting hedges – how do you do yours ?
- diana the hen ran away from home
- 12 new plants to the market from Ireland
- Some positive discussion over at St Audoens Park & blackrock park – what do you think ?
- Trim haymaking festival takes place Friday 18th to Sunday 20th June. I’ll probably pop by on Sunday. I like the look of the thatch cottage village and the scythe cutting competition. Its €10 entry but free for kids. I don’t know if there is a charge on car parking ?
- Richard Berney course on rain harvesting techniques @ Sonairte cost is €80 and it runs 10am-4pm
- Sonairte also have a gardening and wildlife club for children aged 8 -12 starting this Saturday cost €15
- Howth Peninsula Heritage Society Present: The Centenary of the Irish Countrywomen’s Association, a talk by Marie O’Toole, in the Howth Angling Centre, West Pier, Howth on Tuesday June 22nd, at 8 p.m. There is a €4 charge for non members
- Rathbeggan Allotments, Saturday 26th June, is a taste of the good life day. Special guest is Victoria Mary Clarke and she’ll be doing a demo on yoga for gardening from 2pm. Adults €12 children €8.50
- an organic weedkiller via @greensideupveg
- they took all the trees and put them in a tree museum via @treehugger
- amazing trees from around the world – via @suzebert @planetd @andrewghayes
- this from @elliebellie1986 and I asked…. it is real
- I meant to put this up ages ago…. I’m so sorry Laura and I hope the parents Mimosa tree gets better…. Anyhow, Repak recently partnered with the 2nd year Marketing Students in Dublin Business School on an online communications project to promote Repak and recycling. Pretty cool idea and I not your average corporate video…. While you are there check out the repak blog. One of my favorites is the coffee powered car.
To all things Bloom, once again, I quote myself from last year:
To only mention the gardens is, maybe, what I should be doing…. but, as a garden builder and designer at Bloom – they are all [seriously] amazing and I simply can’t be pushed to just pick one. Anyone who designs and/ or builds a garden here is a genius in my eyes I will however give an over view of the entire Bloom experience & some of the interesting people I met on my sabbatical
My Recommended Bits And Bobs:
As per the podcast…. here are the links to those I mentioned
- Shawna Coronado – she’s @shawnacoronado on twitter and will be in the garden expert area. A must see.
- entertainment tent [#20 on the map]- ice creams!
- imaginosity – loved it last year. Even better this year.
- Craft demonstration area. Remember the blacksmith Michael Budd and Kathleen from the basket makers association – even more crafts this year.
- Agriaware area – see the pics below
- Chefs Kitchen. Nevin will be mobbed
- Go say hi to Dawn Ashton [she helped on my Niall Mellon gardeners day out] in her garden. All plants there were supplied by my good friend Pat Fitzgerald – remember him from last year…
- Show times dates and how to get there are below the pics other than that see the bloom website
- And finally – don’t forget to upload your pictures to the Pix.ie Bloom Group – where you can see the rest of my bloom images
How to get there:
- BY CAR: google maps directions and sat nav co ordinates – click here
- don’t bring the car unless you need to!!
- CYCLE: hire a bike! book early
- or bring your own bike
- GUIDE DOGS: are welcome – other than that no!
- see here for further details
Show times and dates:
- friday 4th June 10am – 6pm
- saturday 5th June 10am – 6pm
- sunday 6th June 10am – 6pm
- monday 7th June 10am – 6pm
The Niall Mellon Office have been on the phone. I got a call saying thanks for signing up.
I did… when ? yeah sure why not…..
Last year I had to raise €5k and did the table quiz, the poker night, the gardeners weekend, the famous picture also got a couple of hundred in and I still ran short. But I got there in the end. Thanks to you! I did try getting team donegan sponsored to raise a few bob…. it just didn’t work out for no apparent reason.
If, I do make it this year…. It will be my fourth year travelling with the Niall Mellon Township Trust as part of a very large and amazing team to build the community gardens. And this year I only need to raise €4,250. I got a discount
I’m a big believer in getting something back for your euro, where possible, even if it is for charity and there were a couple of suggestions in as regards raising a few bob.
So everything is for up for a few bob for charity. You can sponsor my podcasts, blog posts, throw money at me for the craic – pay me not to talk…. call me names for a tenner…. whatever!
And all you have to do is click the link and put some money in this my charity account. I’m open to suggestions….
The video above is the story from last year.
Fancy a chat….? The coffee pot is always on the brew or you can contact me via the following options.
- by email info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com
- via this website: click the contact page
- call mobile – o876594688