Back to life….
- via the contact page on DoneganLandscaping.com
This Week On The Blog:
- The Sodcast is Irelands First and Only Garden Podcast. Fact!
- Lovefresh - making local produce a little more international
Links For The Podcast:
- No comment….. – Bord Bia Promotes [?]
- mountjoy square park - got a comment
- Garden Gifts this Christmas
Images For The Podcast:
This Weeks Oddities:
Fellow hen fanatic Simon Kenny send me this email
I don’t have a photo of bark mulch on the plastic but do have decorative pebbles on plastic in my own garden. It’s basically the same principle. The soil is blocked from sunlight and weeds push up the plastic around the edges. Attached is a photo which I took this morning.it would be great to hear what your views are on the use of the plastic stuff, and how you would go about flower bed fabrication
Also these little trinkets
- Took the old lights out of the garden tree & put new ones in, hands now ripped the bits, Hawthorne Tree!!! says @Vena Williams
- @enormous The world will still be beautiful…. http://twitpic.com/38zuvs and this http://twitpic.com/38zuvk and finally this http://twitpic.com/38zuvz
- Excellent, thoughtful article on guerilla gardening http://bit.ly/9qYXIx – via Jane Powers
- Courtesy of Bernie Goldbach – A Garden Railway! http://flic.kr/p/8UZncD
- @rauldore: Yes – my garden is happy : I haven’t had a BBq in ages
- @jkeyes: Iggle Piggle, Upsey Daisy and Makka Pakka.
- @maryrose: I planted crocus today… at least they will bring a smile to my face come January
- @orlamcdermott: 10 gizillion pretty red crab apples from a small tree made into 25 jars of jam
- @maryrose: oh I couldn’t … sure I’d have to get my hair done..!!!
- @powersflowers: Funny Hissingfirst story for you from @ArabellaSock : http://bit.ly/gmmSrh It’ll make you laugh. I promise.
- @knetstop our strawberry is still blooming and having fruit. Does that count?
- @primaryposition: one easter sunday i awoke early to find little paw prints leading out our garden and down the street path. Convinced it was the Easter Bunny, I took off after them like an excited blood hound. about 5 houses down the road i found a poor little tortoise trapped in a hole in a neighbours garden. He was alive and we kept him for a week before giving him to a zoo
- @EWgardens: 10 years next year since we began to revive 400+ year old gardens abandoned for 50 years. My other halfs grandfather died having pulled house down and not knowing he had an heir. He would be delighted to meet his great grandchildren and visitors in his revived garden. How’s that?
- @dervlam: Funny looking mushrooms growing on my back garden lawn!
- @ianbrunswick: Worked @ Chicago botanic gardens & stopped a snapper turtle getting run over. He tried to bite my hand off. Some thanks!