The Sodshow Garden Podcast – every Friday – in iTunes, www.sodshow.com all good podcast stores.
Got a note from bernie over the weekend:
That’s our boy @donegangardens easily cresting above yer man Ray Foley.
Seems the podcast hit number 2 in the popular charts on audioboo. Thanks for listening folks. Take notes Foley. 😉
In my green life:
- Continuing to crop my basil plants. Not using it. Freezing it. [image 1]
- My currants. This much from 3 bushes. Great investment. [image 2]
- Strawberry babies. Well baby plants 😉 free. [image 3]
- My potatoes – almost there
- Peach leaf curl – should have moved it 🙄
- Onions – can’t wait for the red ones
Dates and Events:
- The Achill Roar ? Saturday 11th September. know of a better way to see one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland ?
- Ah Ballymun! You remember the fashion show, coultry park, how about the eco – store or Ballymun’s green map ? Now a new park is opening on the 14th July. The opening will have loads of activities on including puppet shows, dance displays, sports, eco activities, drama, tree trails and much more. Bring the family along. Well done Ballymun. You changed my mind some time ago 🙂
- I’m speaking at the dot conf – book it while you can
- Jason Roe. An avid gardener. Just jacked in the rat race. His plants missed him. BTW en route.
My Odd ball links:
- Aparently I [also] look like Dermot Bannon. Leave it with you…. 😉
- A solar powered plane completes its 24 hour test flight via @guardiannews
- This is pure class. 365 handmade dresses, 365 days on a budget of $365. One per day. I like this one 🙂
- Amazing Images of Thor’s Well, the Pacific Gate to the Underworld via @FionaHilliard @matthiasrascher
- @LorraineLarkin is climbing the cooley mountains for charity – wanna hear the intriguing bit it’s to help raise money for Arthritis Ireland. Lorraine has had arthritis since she was a year old. *Standing Ovation 😀
- Brianwave ? Great idea. dublinmilkman.ie via @patphelan
- Also via @patphelan – A grocer launches a rooftop garden for hyper local produce
- Eye opener ? BP will penalise fishermen for not helping to clean up their toxic mess via @dermotcasey @mauricecoyle
I like this raised bed. @irishhooligan made it to fit the ‘canvas’. He’s gonna grow veggies in it. Measures about 6′ x 4′ – love this sort of thing. Better than a woodees one ? I think so.
And on a nice note to finish via @whitespider. I like it. Reminded me of my Pop and the story of the blackbird that would tell him if I was bold 😉
A little birdy (found by my mum on my Nans window sill