update 13th March 2010: One space has become available… pop your name down below, email or text me if your interested
Over the last weeks I’ve been researching chatting with some friends about gardening and the usual how to bits of outdoor advice.
From those conversations came the suggestion that I should do a crash course of some format in ‘gardening‘.
I did teach horticulture and courses before. But this class request or what one should get at the end of it is to be slightly different as those urging me to do so are not horticulturalists – moreso they have a window ledge/ balcony or only wish to garden in small amounts and stints.
The outcome…? Either a one day course in gardening at my homestead or a 1.5 hour evening course in Dublin City Centre over a 3/4 week period. The majority in this case decided on a one day workshop.
To tailor make this session to the people and their wants I am proposing the following:
- a one day crash course from 9.30am – 3.30pm
- The first day/ date is Saturday March 20th
- cost of materials only to be covered set at €60 per person
- you take home what you make on the day
- lunch will be included
- to take place in Ballyboughal [it's near Swords/ North Dublin ]
- numbers will be limited to a maximum 8 people only
What we will achieve on the day:
- gardening basics
- how to grow your own from seed
- growing plants on a budget
- window ledge balcony gardening
- looking after your plants
- planting your planters
- growing in a confined space
- not enough hours in the day/ the 10 minute gardener
- herb and salad kitchen gardening
this email just came in and sums it up nicely….
Basically: this is for the [wo]man, parent, adult, child who wants to do a bit of green living but not farming. Enough to have summer salads, fresh herbs, maybe even some fruit – at the same time logic enough that you’ll watch footie/ daytime tv and go out rather than hug trees. You’d like a bit of green, you need a place to start but without getting bamboozled – and let it grow from here….
The idea is simple enough and if numbers run over/ demand is great enough/someone approaches me with a suggestion I’ll do a second class/ consider those options then.
If you would like to do this class – or – have any queries or suggestions
- pop your name down as a comment below
- email me info[at]doneganlandscaping[dot]com
- telephone me on [vodafone prefix - and then] 6594688
What do you think …..?
If numbers fill up for the first group of 8…. assuming there is demand enough – I will do another day course. Put simply I’ll let the names spill over to a second group of 8 and we’ll call it from there. Crawling versus walking and all that cliché stuff
Once again – your course/ class made better by your suggestions…. pop them in comment box below