….and I love this day. I am a romantic. A sporadic one some may say or irrational with regard to my showings of affection. But I love this because it makes the silliness of doing things that were accepted when I was 14, because I was a teenager, acceptable again for just one day. Rather than that feckless eejit should learn to grow up. It is also a day for those who are not good at it to go a little further than one normally would. It is a day for silliness. For me love, romance and being in love always was about being silly and doing crazy things that you can’t or ‘shouldn’t’ do anymore because you are ‘not supposed to’. If you don’t remember crying over one girl in your life… you have not lived.
Whether you are going to pop the question, getting remarried, getting a fatwa or just simply ‘fancy yer wun’; with handmade card in hand [yes i said handmade] here are my 10 things that you can do for with your precious love. Five are free and five cost a little. Enjoy!
- a visit to the park, picnics rule! try here, here, here, here, or here
- read poetry together in the back garden
- take a bicycle ride together try something like here
- love her garden or a lover of gardens. This will bring a smile
- hedgegrow walk – you don’t like that one
- plant a few in a pot or in the ground. Here’s how and here and here but not here
- can’t go wrong with a tree, a tree or a tree. You can?
- birds! I just love birds
- water – so romantic
That aside – if you, he or she popped the question… A big congratulations to you both. And with that in mind congratulations also to Ciara Crossan of Weddingdates.ie. Ciara and her team are having their official launch party this evening in Cork. [sorry I couldn’t be there to celebrate with you. A great service, a great women, a great team and a great site. Be sure to stop by her website, drop her a note and say hello.
By the way did you tell her she’s amazing….